Thursday, January 20, 2011

My First Albino (RREA) Full Red Guppy Trio

Why am I back to guppies again ? I guess its due to my colleague's influence. He is an avid guppy lover from young and till now he is still keeping guppies. Lately, he just acquired a pair of red laced guppy from a famous guppy breeder in Singapore and managed to spawn some fry. The pair didn't come cheap and this is the first time he invested in a good lineage guppy. I told him that I will get a good pair to spawn as well and we will exchange them when our fry grows up. So I proceeded to surf the net for a pair of good lineage guppy. Since my colleague is keeping red lace guppy, I told myself I will get one that has red and maybe we could do an outcross later. Eventually, I decided upon a full red guppy.

Albino (RREA) full red guppies in Singapore are easily available in local fish shops and private home breeders. Btw, RREA stands for Real Red Eye Albino. I found a famous home breeder (YaikSin) that has a good lineage of full red guppy and got a trio ( 2 males and 1 female ) from him on 9th Dec 2010. His albino full red guppy lineage is a bit orangey. I was kind of disappointed initially but their big dorsal and caudal fins compensated its colour drawback.