Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Fish Keeping Passion

I've been keeping fishes since young. I remembered the first type of  fishes I kept was guppy. During that time, it was considered the most beautiful and affordable fish. I do not know about tank cycling or water parameters and I just kept those little fishes in a container without air pump and filter. Needless to say, they don't survive after a week and most of them passed away.

Over the last 10 years, my hobby of fish keeping has grown in size and depth. Not only have I increased the number of fish tanks, I've also experienced with breeding of various kinds of fishes. I've kept Arowanas, Oscas, Guppies, Endlers, Apistogramma, Altums, Angels, Rams, Bichirs, Kois, Gold Fishes, Bettas, Betta Channoides, Tropical Fishes, Crystal Red Shrimps, Cherry / Sakura Shrimps and Marine Fishes over the years. Some were successful, some were not. I did not keep a single species of fish for long and 'fish-hopped' quite often. I'm not sure whether is this a good sign, but it does expose me to a wide variety of fishes. After one big round of fish keeping, I've come back to Guppy again !